Creative Development Creative Manager
Full Time/ Salaried
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com
Overview: The Creative Development (CD) Creative Manager is a dynamic, creative, and detailed role. The CD Manager ensures accurate, complete maintenance and management of RMC’s inventory of proposal development intellectual property, approved pricing schedules, and co-creating first-ever-experiences for guests in destinations. The individual serving in this role must be comfortable working in a deadline driven environment that requires a high degree of accuracy, as well as using their creativity to source and produce high-touch, VIP luxury, custom crafted adventures and venue experiences.
The CD Manager will connect with vendors, local team in RMC’s destinations and lead the evolution of our creative department. Excellent technical skills, working with MS Office are essential to this position’s success.
- Ensure Master Proposal documents and product inventory reflect current pricing, themes, event and activity options for each destination on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with each destination to craft unique and special experiences for guests.
- Maintain and ensure product pricing and information is accurate and current.
- Having ample knowledge of Excel and a high comfort level of updating Excel based invoices and data sheets.
- Maintain all proposal documents to ensure all information is current and accurate.
- Craft new adventures and event experiences for guests and add them to master proposals. Source and partner on implementing ideas from local destination teams.
- Research and develop new products for all offices on an annual basis or as needed throughout the year.
- Be open to change, have a curious mind and desire to research for new event ideas, décor, entertainment, adventures. This is a very forward-thinking role.
- Serve as RMC’s main point of contact for requests for new slides and maintain progress on creating and inserting new slides.
- Partner with each of the local destination teams to understand and better navigate the local markets, supplier options, venues and hotels, and to invent tailored themes and program offerings to each destination’s capacity.
- Attend class or events to further education in décor, design, social media, and DMC’s.
- In support of RMC Sales and Operations teams, and under the direction of the President of Creative and Marketing, be prepared to participate in meetings and conference calls with RMC sales and operations staff regarding client needs and expectations.
- Proactively communicate with Team Leader, and Sales and Operations regarding issues and concerns related to workload, product quality and productivity to ensure clear expectations with respect to the quality and timing of proposal completion and ultimate presentation to the client, to ensure excellent client relations.
Internal and Administrative
- Communicate clearly and frequently with Team Leader and other CD staff, as well as RMC Sales team to ensure expectations regarding turn around and completion of requested proposals and SOS’s are met and that staff workloads are evenly and fairly distributed.
- Establish achievable timelines and deadlines for work product completion and communicate progress frequently and completely in order to assess changes in priorities and resulting changes in prioritized workload.
- Create and adhere to a schedule for completing updates of product inventory and Master Proposal documents for all offices on an annual basis, and throughout the year as needed. This includes conducting meetings with Sales and Operations teams to review current product inventory and adjust as necessary.
- Serve as lead staff member in the process of updating tariffs and pricing schedules and the Maritz Servicing schedule, under the direction of the Team Leader, as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Computer software including Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, SalesForce and Adobe online data and event management software, and others, handheld device interfaces.
- Event theme development and articulation though written and visual presentation.
- Client and vendor relations and negotiations
- Communication skills to negotiate with partners, as well as partnering with local teams in a collaborative manner in regards to their local destination on-going improvements.
- Will need to learn Organizational structures and processes designed to maintain quality, accuracy and completeness of RMC proprietary information and pricing.
Skills and abilities:
- Data and database management: Develop, implement and maintain systems of data management to ensure all proposal development related proprietary data, collateral, and pricing information is current, accurate and high quality.
- Writing: Develop written client proposals, contracts, and other written documents with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Keyboarding: Must be able to type minimum 45 words per minute.
- Computer and smart phone: Must be proficient in the use of computer software including MS Office, Outlook, and various web and cloud-based file management, storage and program development systems.
- Speaking: Must be able to converse articulately and professionally with coworkers, vendors and clients on the telephone, both in the context of individual and conference calls.
- Driving: Must be licensed to drive personal and/or rented vehicles on company business.
- Sitting: Employee is required to sit for extended periods of time
- Lifting: The employee is required to raise or lower objects from one level to another regularly during the shift, up to 25 pounds unaided, up to 50 pounds aided.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors degrees in business, design, marketing, accounting, hospitality management, or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of one year experience in the design/ events industry, with an emphasis on cataloguing and new product production, pricing and proposal development in the hospitality industry, preferably in a destination management environment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be determined acceptable by the organization to meet the Education and Experience requirements of this position.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org