Creative Event Manager
Location: Bozeman, MT with frequent travel
Exemption status: Exempt, FT Salaried, plus discretionary bonus
Reports to: General Manager, 360FIVE
Compensation: $60 – 65k plus possible relocation assistance
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview and Objectives:
The Creative Event Manager designs events, develops themes, produces the layout and execution of events. The Creative Event Manager ensures that daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly assigned responsibilities are accomplished in a thorough, timely and independent manner. Due to the fluctuating nature of the assigned rentals, production and ongoing warehouse maintenance the Creative Event Manager is responsible for ensuring necessary staffing levels are maintained to handle all events and ongoing responsibilities as assigned.
The Creative Event Manager will manage all events in Bozeman and Big Sky areas and will travel to events out of state as well. The Creative Event Manager will create proposals and invoices. This role is an exciting mix of creativity, and dedicated, hands-on work. As mush cerebral and creative as manual.
Creative Event Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Create Proposals and invoices
- Design events and develop themes.
- Have the ability to safely and confidently drive box trucks up to 26’ in inclement weather.
- Availability to travel to out-of-town events, work nights, weekends, holidays, long shifts and split shifts as assigned.
- Create, maintain, and manage ongoing event and inventory maintenance calendar in the assigned inventory management software.
- Load and transport inventory in a safe and efficient manner that ensures staff and company assets are protected.
- Print and review event load/transfer lists from the assigned inventory management software autonomously as needed.
- Cost efficiently schedule staff to match the warehouse workload (as needed with approvals from the General Manager).
- Maintain longevity of warehouse event and production staff by being organized, prepared, having a contagious positive attitude, leading by example, monitoring, coaching, providing feedback about staff job performance, counseling, and timely disciplining employees when necessary (with direction and assistance from the Director of Human Resources).
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and supervising event and production staff (with direction and assistance from the Director of Human Resources)
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor laws and company policies (with direction from the Director of Human Resources).
- Maintain a positive, professional and healthy relationship with clients and co-workers.
- Control and manage inventory levels and inventory condition by conducting ongoing physical inventory counts and reconciling with the inventory management software.
- Achieve financial objectives by providing input, reviewing, understanding and adhering to an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and timely initiating updates and appropriately budgeting corrective actions to ensure budgeted profitability is met or exceeded.
- Communicate timely and openly with 360FIVE General Manager advising on need for collaboration, help, advice and necessary action to ensure success of the warehouse location via safety, successful event execution, inventory management and profitability.
- Communicate concisely, timely and openly with the 360FIVE General Manager if you do not feel Protected, Informed and Empowered (P.I.E.) to effectively and successfully accomplish all assigned job responsibilities.
- Create a culture at events and at the warehouse that is positive, accountable, solution oriented with focus on manageable and maintainable event and warehouse growth.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and inventory by monitoring and enforcing security procedures and protocols.
- Coordinate timely, organized and professional event and production logistics as assigned.
- Maintain and track revolving warehouse inventory and maintain an up to date inventory (including items that are damaged, items that need to be repaired, items that are out for repair, quantities, pictures, and measurement of all materials) in the assigned inventory management software.
- Ensure inventory delivered to events meets company standards.
- Timely and cost effectively arrange for damaged inventory to be repaired and returned to the active rental inventory (with prior approval for the repair costs and repair time from the 360FIVE Creative General Manager).
- Timely confirm receipt of items shipped to your warehouse.
- Timely inform the 360FIVE General Manager of all event issues, damaged inventory, and missing inventory.
- Accurately estimate and track Warehouse and Production staff hours.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Event Production Design/ Management Preferred, Warehouse Management, Construction Management, Moving Company Management
- Previous management experience preferred
- Operations Management background preferred
- Previous background in planning and scheduling preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to think innovatively and offer suggestions to RMC’s Director of Creative Development and/or President, which would be introduced to streamline processes in place
- Excellent technical skills and high-level energy, motivation, positive attitude, and the ability to be creative in process development and implementation
- Design skills, creative, ability to think-out-of-the-box
- Well versed with both client and vendor negotiations and development and fostering of new and existing relationships.
- Sharp analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
- Detail orientated
- Ability and desire to be able to communicate related concepts/issues to individuals at all levels within the reporting structure.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to develop written client proposals, contracts, and other written documents with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Email proficiency skills are required – this includes the ability to compose and communicate effective, and professional messages to superiors, counterparts, subordinates, clients, partners, and anyone else communications are exchanged while representing RMC.
- Proficient computer skills, including smart phone applications – including both hardware management and software familiarity, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint for presentations, along with various web and cloud-based file management, storage, and program development systems. Must be proficient with keyboarding skills to 40-60 words per minute.
- Must have valid driver’s license, including any specific driver’s license requirements to drive RMC work related trucks.
- Positions requires physical activities but are not limited to climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, finger use, grasping, and hearing, and seeing.
- Must be able to exert up to fifty (50) pounds, in the amount of force needed to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds, up to 75 pounds aided.
- The employee is required, on a regular basis, to carry objects in his or her arms or on the shoulder(s), up to 25 pounds unaided or 50 pounds aided.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and climb stairs and ladders as required to perform assigned job function.
- Ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time.
- The job requires expressing ideas by the spoken word to communicate, understand and clarify needs expectations and requirements, this is a clear requirement of the effective communication component of the job function.
- Listening: The job requires the perception of speech and the nature of sounds in the air in order to communicate understand and clarify needs, expectations, and requirements, this is a clear requirement of the effective communication component of the job function.
- Manual dexterity for operating computer and other office equipment.