Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Exemption status: Exempt
Pay Structure: Salary plus Pay for Performance Plan
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The General Manager duties supervise all sales managers, operation managers, and directors in their respective region. Includes overseeing day to day operations, assisting with the development of sales plans, assisting with the development of proposals, work schedules, maintaining and developing good client relationships, and leading the development and implementation of effective strategy to grow and maintain RMC’s DMC market share in each of its region.
Sales and Operations Strategy
Internal and Administrative
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Destination Management experience; including event and program sales and/or operations experience
• Operations Management background required
• Previous background in planning and scheduling preferred
• Previous supervisory experience required; including, consistent applications of appropriate leadership and guidance to subordinate sales staff, considering their individual skills and abilities, office and corporate sales goals, and corporate sales strategies.
• Well versed with both client and vendor negotiations and development and fostering of new and existing relationships. • Experience with general HR practical experience preferred.
• Sharp analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
• Must be detail orientated
• Ability and desire to be able to communicate related concepts/issues to individuals at all levels within the reporting structure.
• Effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to develop written client proposals, contracts, and other written documents with minimal oversight and supervision.
• Email proficiency skills are required – this includes the ability to compose and communicate effective, and professional messages to superiors, counterparts, subordinates, clients, partners, and anyone else communications are exchanged while representing RMC.
• Proficient computer skills, including smart phone applications – including both hardware management and software familiarity, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint for presentations, along with various web and cloud-based file management, storage, and program development systems. Must be proficient with keyboarding skills to 40-60 words per minute.
• Ability to think innovatively and offer suggestions to RMC’s Executive Team, which would be introduced to streamline processes in place
• Excellent technical skills and high-level energy, motivation, positive attitude, and the ability to be creative in process development and implementation
• Must have valid driver’s license
· Positions requires physical activities but are not limited to climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, finger use, grasping, and hearing, and seeing.
· Must be able to exert up to twenty-five (25) pounds, in the amount of force needed to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds, up to 50 pounds aided.
· The employee is required, on a regular basis, to carry objects in his or her arms or on the shoulder(s), up to 25 pounds unaided or 50 pounds aided.
· Ability to stoop, bend, and climb stairs and ladders as required to perform assigned job function.
· Ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time.
· The job requires expressing ideas by the spoken word to communicate, understand and clarify needs expectations and requirements, this is a clear requirement of the effective communication component of the job function.
· Listening: The job requires the perception of speech and the nature of sounds in the air in order to communicate understand and clarify needs, expectations, and requirements, this is a clear requirement of the effective communication component of the job function.
· Manual dexterity for operating computer and other office equipment.
This description is not comprehensive