Senior Sales Manager – Lake Tahoe
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com
RMC, the world’s most innovative Destination Management Company, is searching for a Senior Sales Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to establish a career with this premier organization.
The position will be based in Lake Tahoe, California, yet travel may be required to all destinations throughout the US and Mexico as needed.
We are interested in candidates who are looking for long term employment and an opportunity to progress in your career.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently prospect, respond to RFP’s, and work closely with existing clients and hotel partners to develop, propose, sell and close programs.
- Respond to incoming leads for group business, within 24 hours of initial inquiry.
- Develop creative proposals, contracts and site inspection collateral and tailor them to meet the needs of specific program requests and RFP’s.
- Build and maintain relationships with local vendors such as activity, restaurant, and venue suppliers.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of annual office sales plan that details revenue projections and other goals established by guidelines from the Executive Team.
- Establish positive and lasting relationships with clients (corporate direct, Association and Incentive) and hotels
- Serve as lead sales staff for site inspections as directed.
- Upsell the client on RMC services when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all products RMC offers including pricing, descriptions, and theme events.
- Must be experienced in maintaining strong client relations in order to develop and continue rapport to maintain and ensure repeat business.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business management, marketing, or related discipline.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in business development or sales.
- Destination Management or hospitality industry preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills – including both hardware management and software familiarity; including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday; must be accurate and conscientious.
- Strong background in negotiation skills required.
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Excellent benefit package offered