RMC, the world’s most innovative Destination Management Company, is searching for a Sales & Operations Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to establish a career with this premier organization.
The position will be based in Lake Tahoe, CA, yet travel may be required to destinations throughout the US as needed.
We are interested in candidates who are looking for long term employment and an opportunity to progress in your career.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently prospect, respond to RFP’s, and work closely with existing clients and hotel partners to develop, propose, sell and close business.
- Develop creative proposals, contracts and site inspection collateral and tailor them to meet the needs of specific program requests and RFP’s.
- Build and maintain relationships with local vendors such as activity, restaurant, and venue suppliers.
- Establish positive and lasting relationships with clients and business partners
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all products RMC offers including pricing, descriptions, and theme events.
- Must be experienced in maintaining strong client relations in order to develop and continue rapport to maintain and ensure repeat business.
- Manage client events from inception to completion, including the planning, on-site execution and final billing
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business management, marketing, or related discipline.
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in business development or sales.
- Destination Management or hospitality industry preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills – including both hardware management and software familiarity; including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday; must be accurate and conscientious.
- Strong background in negotiation skills required.
Compensation / Benefits:
Competitive compensation plan
Excellent benefit package offered