Wedding & Events Design Manager – Santa Barbara
Please send your resume a digital portfolio link or samples of design work to firstname.lastname@example.org
RMC, the world’s most innovative Destination Management Company, is searching for a Wedding & Events Design Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to establish a career with this premier organization.
The position will be based in Santa Barbara, CA and will serve our client base in area as needed. We do require our Wedding & Events Design Manager to live and breathe in Santa Barbara.
We are interested in candidates who are looking for long term employment and an opportunity to progress in your career.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sales, contracting, and on-site/day-of execution of weddings and events
- Prospect, respond to RFPs, and follow up leads from existing clients and hotel partners
- Develop creative client proposals to showcase unique and cutting-edge event design
- Building and maintaining relationships with vendor partners
- Negotiating and contracting for spaces and services
- Manage all day-off and business closing activities
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; General Studies, Management, or Hospitality Field or any other field which displays a business management or organizational acumen or a combination of experience and education
- Minimum 3 years of wedding and event management experience
- A creative and strong eye for design, including venue layout, table design, floral arrangements, etc.
- Knowledge of event planning and top design trends
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to negotiate with clients and vendors
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Excellent benefit package offered
- EEOC Employer
- Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt