Creative Development Manager
Full Time/ Salaried
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: The Creative Development (CD) Manager is a dynamic, creative, and detailed role. The CD Manager creates and oversees the management of RMC’s proposal development, intellectual property, approved pricing schedules, and co-creating first-ever-experiences for guests in destinations. The individual serving in this role must be comfortable working in a deadline driven environment that requires a high degree of accuracy, as well as using their creativity to source and produce high-touch, VIP luxury, custom crafted adventures, and venue experiences.
The CD Manager will connect with vendors, RMC destination teams, and lead the evolution of our creative department. Excellent technical skills and working with MS Office are essential to this position’s success.
- Ensure design proposals and pricing documents for each destination are updated and remain relevant on continual basis.
- Partner with each RMC destination office to craft unique and tailored experiences for clients.
- Advanced knowledge of of Excel and PowerPoint and a high comfort level of updating Excel based on invoices and data sheets.
- Knowledge of illustrator, photoshop, or similar software.
- Source and craft new adventures and event experiences, while partnering with RMC destination offices.
- Research and develop new offerings for all offices on an annual basis or as needed throughout the year.
- Collaborate and have a curious mind and desire to research new event ideas, décor, entertainment, and adventures.
- Serve as RMC’s main point of contact for the local sales teams in each destination for proposal creation.
- Better understand industry trends and continue education in décor, design, and creative thinking.
Internal Communication & Administration
- Participate in weekly creative sessions with Director of Creative Development and team
- Proactively communicate challenges regarding product quality and deadlines with the Creative Development team.
- Proactively communicate clearly and frequently with the Creative Development team, as well as RMC Sales team to ensure expectations regarding turn around and completion of requested proposals and SOS’s are met.
- Create and adhere to a schedule for completing updates of product inventory and Master Proposal documents for all offices on an annual basis, and throughout the year as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Computer software including Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and Adobe online data and event management software, and others, handheld device interfaces. Salesforce not required but appreciated.
- Graphic design skills, including or not limited to illustrator, photoshop, indesign.
- Event theme development and articulation though written and visual presentation.
- Passion for event design and décor, as well entertainment, activities, special enhancements.
- Client and vendor relations and negotiations.
- Communication skills to negotiate with partners, as well as partnering with local teams in a collaborative manner in regards to their local destination on-going improvements.
- Ability to learn organizational structures and processes designed to maintain quality, accuracy, and completeness of RMC proprietary information and pricing.
Skills and abilities:
- Data and database management: Develop, implement, and maintain systems of data management to ensure all proposal development related proprietary data, collateral, and pricing information is current, accurate and high quality.
- Writing: Develop written client proposals, contracts, and other written documents with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Keyboarding: Must be able to type minimum 45 words per minute.
- Computer and smart phone: Must be proficient in the use of computer software including MS Office, Outlook, and various web and cloud-based file management, storage and program development systems.
- Speaking: Must be able to converse articulately and professionally with coworkers, vendors and clients on the telephone, both in the context of individual and conference calls.
- Driving: Must be licensed to drive personal and/or rented vehicles on company business.
- Sitting: Employee is required to sit for extended periods of time
- Lifting: The employee is required to raise or lower objects from one level to another regularly during the shift, up to 25 pounds unaided, up to 50 pounds aided.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors degrees in business, design, marketing, hospitality management, interior design, art, or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years experience in the design/ events industry, with an emphasis on cataloguing and new product production, pricing and proposal development in the hospitality industry, preferably in a destination management environment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be determined acceptable by the organization to meet the Education and Experience requirements of this position.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.