Location: RMC Destination – Wine Country
Exemption status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: General Manager
The role of Sales Coordinator is an entry level position that allows the
new hire to obtain practical experience with the sales aspects
within RMC. The first six to nine months of employment will be focused on learning the
basics of the job function on sales processes, based on where the
greatest need is within that particular destination determined by the General Manager.
This role provides a career progression path which can evolve either into the sales
arena or the operations realm with RMC.
Assist in general office duties to assist both Sales and Operations teams.
- Manage day to day needs of office; ordering supplies, toiletries, maintenance requests as directed by teams.
- Scheduling IT appointments as needed and directed by teams.
- Assisting in managing of Insurance Certificates with partners.
- Responsible for checking mail and delivering it to appropriate team members in a timely manner.
- Assisting with errands that are needed for the office as directed.
- Assist Sales Managers in preparation for site tours as directed.
- Assist with final billing and gathering final invoices from all
- Assist in turning in check requests for all billing on programs where needed as
- Coordinating with the Sales Manager when turn-over occurs with the Operations Manager; this includes assisting with program elements that need contracts or re-confirm holds and guarantees.
- Helping the Operations Manager understand when guarantee deadlines are.
- Weekly calendar of holds to get back to vendors with and ensuring that we are releasing items when needed.
- Assist in preparing for pre-cons – binding work schedules, arrival and departure manifest, amenities for clients and needs that may arise from the Operations Manager.
- Assist with contract labor staff in coordination with the Operations Manager, this includes:
- Completion of time sheets
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee in this position. This position will be required to follow any
other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Sharp analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Ability and desire to be able to communicate related concepts/issues to
individuals at all levels within the reporting structure.
· Must represent RMC professionally as heavy interaction will be needed from an
· Effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills, and
problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to develop written client
proposals, contracts, and other written documents with minimal oversight and
· Email proficiency skills are required – this includes the ability to compose and
communicate effective and professional messages to superiors, counterparts,
subordinates, clients, partners, and anyone else communications are exchanged
while representing RMC.
· Proficient computer skills, including smart phone applications – including both
hardware management and software familiarity, including Word, Excel and
PowerPoint for presentations, along with various web and cloud-based file
management, storage, and program development systems. Must be proficient
with keyboarding skills to 40-60 words per minute.
· Ability to think innovatively and offer suggestions to RMC Team which would be
introduced to streamline processes in place.
· Excellent technical skills and high-level energy, motivation, positive attitude, and
the ability to be creative in process development and implementation.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; General Studies,
Management, or Hospitality Field or any other field which displays a business
management or organizational acumen or a combination of experience and
· A minimum of one to three years hospitality background or general administration
background, previous experience with DMC industry preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be determined acceptable
RMC Executive Team to meet the education and experience requirements of this
position, depending on specific skill sets held.
· Positions requires physical activities but are not limited to climbing, balancing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing,
pulling, finger use, grasping, and hearing, and seeing.
· Must be able to exert up to twenty-five (25) pounds, in the amount of force
needed to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds, up to
50 pounds aided.
· Ability to stoop, bend, and climb stairs and ladders as required to perform
assigned job function.
· Ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time.
· The job requires expressing ideas by the spoken word to communicate,
understand and clarify needs expectations and requirements, this is a clear
requirement of the effective communication component of the job function.
· Listening: The job requires the perception of speech and the nature of sounds in
the air in order to communicate understand and clarify needs, expectations, and
requirements, this is a clear requirement of the effective communication
component of the job function.
· Manual dexterity for operating computer and other office equipment.
- EEOC Employer