Event Sales & Operations Coordinator
Location: RMC Destination – Santa Barbara, CA
The role of Sales and Operations Coordinator is an entry level position that allows the new hire to obtain practical experience with both the sales and operations aspects within RMC. The first six to nine months of employment will be focused on learning the basics of the job function on both operations and sales processes, based on where the greatest need is within that particular destination determined by the General Manager. This role provides a career progression path which can evolve either into the sales arena or the operations realm with RMC.
- Assist in general office duties to assist both Sales and Operations teams.
- Assist at events
- Manage day to day needs of office; ordering supplies, toiletries, maintenance requests as directed by teams.
- Scheduling IT appointments as needed and directed by teams.
- Assisting in managing of Insurance Certificates with partners.
- Responsible for checking mail and delivering it to appropriate team members in a timely manner.
- Assisting with errands that are needed for the office as directed.
- Assist Sales and Operation Managers on site tours and preparation for site tours as directed.
- Assist Operations Managers with final billing and gathering final invoices from all vendors.
- Assist in turning in check requests for all billing on programs where needed as directed.
- Coordinating with the Sales Manager when turn-over occurs with the Operations Manager; this includes assisting with program elements that need contracts or re-confirm holds and guarantees.
- Helping the Operations Manager understand when guarantee deadlines are.
- Weekly calendar of holds to get back to vendors with and ensuring that we are releasing items when needed.
- This position is to work with the Operations Manager on staffing, the shell of the work schedule and assisting with the arrival and departure manifests.
- Assist Operations Manager in preparing for pre-cons – binding work schedules, arrival and departure manifest, amenities for clients and needs that may arise from the Operations Manager
- Assist with contract labor staff in coordination with the Operations Manager, this includes:
- Completion of time sheets
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. This position will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Sharp analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability and desire to be able to communicate related concepts/issues to individuals at all levels within the reporting structure.
- Must represent RMC professionally as heavy interaction will be needed from an organizational perspective.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to develop written client proposals, contracts, and other written documents with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Email proficiency skills are required – this includes the ability to compose and communicate effective and professional messages to superiors, counterparts, subordinates, clients, partners, and anyone else communications are exchanged while representing RMC.
- Proficient computer skills, including smart phone applications – including both hardware management and software familiarity, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint for presentations, along with various web and cloud-based file management, storage, and program development systems.
- Must be proficient with keyboarding skills to 40-60 words per minute.
- Ability to think innovatively and offer suggestions to RMC Team which would be introduced to streamline processes in place.
- Excellent technical skills and high-level energy, motivation, positive attitude, and the ability to be creative in process development and implementation.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; General Studies, Management, or Hospitality Field or any other field which displays a business management or organizational acumen or a combination of experience and education.
- A minimum of one to three years hospitality background or general administration background, previous experience with DMC industry preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be determined acceptable by RMC Executive Team to meet the education and experience requirements of this position, depending on specific skill sets held.
- Positions requires physical activities but are not limited to climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, finger use, grasping, and hearing, and seeing.
- Must be able to exert up to twenty-five (25) pounds, in the amount of force needed to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds, up to 50 pounds aided.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and climb stairs and ladders as required to perform assigned job function.
- Ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time.
- The job requires expressing ideas by the spoken word to communicate, understand and clarify needs expectations and requirements, this is a clear requirement of the effective communication component of the job function.
- Listening: The job requires the perception of speech and the nature of sounds in the air in order to communicate understand and clarify needs, expectations, and requirements, this is a clear requirement of the effective communication component of the job function.
- Manual dexterity for operating computer and other office equipment.